How to Dry Your Hair Gently with a Turban or Hair Towel
August 10 2015·
August 10 2015·
Before washing, get a clean, dry Aquis Turban ready.
- When you use an Aquis Turban or Hair Towel, your hair cuticle lies flat, so it dries in natural waves or curls.
- When you use a coarse towel, it’s more likely to bend the cuticles causing hair to frizz.
- Wash gently, natural and mild products tend to be kinder.
- Water should not be too hot.
After washing, gently squeeze wet hair with your hands
- Right when you turn off the shower, while your hair is still dripping water, run your hands over your hair and gently squeeze out the extra water. It’s easier to towel dry your hair when streams of water aren’t still running out.
- Don't twist or rub your hair, as this can easily damage it. Very gently gather your hair into sections and squeeze out the extra water. It’s bet to do this while you’re still in the shower.
- Blot and squeeze your hair dry with the towel.
- Grab a section of hair and gently blot and squeeze it with the towel, working from the roots all the way to the tips.
- Keep doing this with each section until your hair is totally towel-dried. Your hair will still be damp, but no longer dripping wet.
- Do not wring out your hair or squeeze it too hard. Just use the towel to gently absorb moisture.
- Do not rub your hair with the towel, as this will cause frizzing. Just gently squeeze and blot.
- Aquitex fibers are gentler than cotton towels, but even so, hair just hates being rubbed the wrong way.
- Bend over and place the Turban or Hair Towel over the back of your head.
- Make sure all of your hair is straight down, and use your hands to finger-comb into place.
- Position the Turban with the largest part and button at the back of your head.
- Position the towel horizontally across the back of your head, so that the bottom of the towel is aligned with the bottom of your hairline.
- Make sure all of your hair is hanging in the same direction, so it’ll get wrapped up nicely in the towel. If some of your hair is folded back in a random direction it could end up messing up your style when it dries.
- Bring the sides of the towel together at your forehead.
- While still bent over, use your hands to gather your hair into the towel so that the sides of the towel meet in the middle of your forehead. It should look like you have a long ponytail, covered by a towel at the top of your head.
- Twist the Turban or Towel.
- Starting right next to your forehead, use your hands to twist the towel in one direction. Your hair and the two sides of the towel should all be par of the twist.
- When you’ve twisted the towel to the very end, put the end of the twist on top of your head.
- You can use the button loop to attach to the button at the base of your head for the Turban
- Gently tuck the extra fabric under the nape of the neck, or use a hair clip to position the end of the twist.
- Aquis soon dries even long hair naturally with minimal stress.
- Keep your hair in the towel for 10-20 minutes.
- The towel will absorb the moisture in your hair during this time. It’s a gentle way to dry long hair. When you’re ready, remove the towel and style your slightly damp hair.
- Use minimal heat to style: Note dry short bursts wont overheat your hair and result in damage and dehydration. Or better still, skip the hairdryer altogether.
Let us know if you have any questions about how to use our Turbans & Hair Towels